2018 Yamaha YZ65
Save $600.00 now until 7/27/2019
WELCOME TO THE VICTORY ZONE!
Introducing the all‑new YZ65 designed for winning performance and unrivaled durability to lead a new generation of bLU cRU riders into the victorYZone.
- Engine Type: 65cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.1~9.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: 420 Chain
- Suspension / Front: 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 198mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 190mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- Tires / Rear: 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- L x W x H: 63.5 in. x 30.0 in. x 39.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 45.0 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.4 deg.
- Trail: 2.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 0.9 gal.
- Wet Weight: 134 lb.
- Weight Without Fuel: 128 lb. Calculated weight without fuel
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- All-New 65cc Motocrosser: Built from the ground up for 2018, the all-new YZ65 is ready to tackle the track with winning performance right out of the gate. And, of course, the all-new YZ65 features Yamaha's renowned competition off-road quality and durability just like the bigger YZs.
- New Engine: The all-new 65cc two-stroke engine features Yamaha's legendary YPVS, mechanical power valve system for a broad spread of power and torque across the entire RPM range.
- New Chassis: With a new steel frame and adjustable front and rear suspension, the YZ65 offers riders the traction confidence and tunability of full-size motocross machines in a compact package.
- All-New Two-Stroke Engine: The 65cc two-stroke powerplant is all new for the 2018 YZ65, and features the same advanced technologies found in Yamaha's race-winning YZ125 and YZ250 motocrossers.
- Yamaha Power Valve System: Patented YPVS™ combines crisp bottom-end torque with potent midrange and free-revving top-end, making the most of the compact engine and lightweight chassis.
- Race-Developed Intake: Proven reed-valve induction improves acceleration and throttle response across the entire powerband, with a carefully tuned Keihin® PWK28 carburetor to meter fuel flow.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance, giving riders the right gear for every race condition.
- Digital Ignition: Digital CDI system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for excellent response.
- Efficient Cooling System: Compact radiator features optimized hose routing to deliver maximum cooling efficiency even in the toughest racing conditions.
- Compact Steel Frame: The YZ65 offers light, neutral handling built on an all-new steel cradle frame. Designed around the rigidity balance required for the 65cc class, this new frame delivers excellent grip feeling even across bumpy track surfaces, jump landings and whoop sections.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight and convenient maintenance, just like on the full-size motocross bikes.
- Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes: Wave-style brake rotors are lighter than conventional rotors and have that full size YZ family style.
- All-New Suspension Systems: Up front, a 36mm KYB® coil spring fork offers unmatched compliance with settings based on Yamaha's extensive testing experience. Out back, a new link-less shock design is light and compact to suit the needs of 65cc-class riders, and controls a new swingarm with YZ125-style chain adjusters. Both front and rear suspension systems are tunable for both rebound and compression damping.
- Maxxis® Tires: Maxxcross SI® tires offer good grip across of a variety of track conditions, utilizing 60/100-14 front and 80/100-12 rear tire sizes.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: The YZ65 is highly tunable to fit riders of various sizes, with a 4-position adjustable aluminum taper handlebar clamp, adjustable position clutch and front brake levers, grippy foot pegs, and long seat design to help riders move across the bike.
- Aggressive YZ Family Styling: The YZ65 may be the smallest member of the family, but it packs in the same aggressive styling as the larger YZ and YZ-F siblings, even down to the slick blue Excel® wheels.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Front Suspension
- 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5-in travel
- Front Brakes
- 198mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- 190mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI®
- Dry Weight
- 128 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.9 gal.
- 45.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in.
- 2.5 in.
- 26.4 deg.
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- 420 Chain
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)