2018 Yamaha YZF‑R3
Save $750.00 now until 1/31/2019
YOUR WORLD STARTS, WHERE R WORLD BEGINS
Entry level R-series superbike performance that excites with every twist of the throttle.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- Striking Yamaha R-Series Styling: Yamaha supersport-inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time rider—or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine. And three beautiful coloring options are available which means there is a color choice that is right for you.
- Advanced Engine Design: Forged pistons—just like the R1 and R6—are very lightweight while providing exceptional strength. And innovative Yamaha features like the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- Balanced Sportbike Ergonomics: The YZF-R3 features clip-on handlebars and a riding position that provides a great balance of comfort and sporty riding position.
- Compact, Confident Rider Seating: With a flat seat design and a seat height of only 30.7 inches on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- Potent Brakes: Modern disc brakes front and rear provide strong, controllable braking power.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: 321cc, liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range.
- High-Revving Engine Architecture: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride and broad spread of power. With a 180-degree crank design, the engine provides minimized vibrations and a smooth running engine character throughout the rpm range.
- Modern Fuel Injection: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- Advanced Cylinder Construction: Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- Strong and Lightweight Pistons: Forged aluminum pistons—the same technology used for the R1 and R6—means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- Advanced Frame: Steel frame and swingarm designed with Yamaha’s extensive chassis expertise for a light and nimble, yet solid, handling character.
- Potent Braking: The 298mm floating mount front disc brake ensures excellent stopping power, while a 220mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back.
- Plush, Controlled Suspension: 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control, while a preload-adjustable rear shock allows tuning for passenger and cargo.
- Sportbike-Spec Alloy Wheels: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- Thorough Instrumentation: The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter.
- Yamaha R-Series Styling: Legendary Yamaha R-series styling and performance come standard. The YZF-R3 combines modern styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design—the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series sportbikes.
- Engine Type: 321cc liquid-cooled, DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock, adjustable preload; 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 110/70-17
- Tires / Rear: 140/70-17
- L x W x H: 82.3 in. x 28.3 in. x 44.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 6.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Wet Weight: 368 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock, adjustable preload; 4.9-in travel
- Front Brakes
- 298mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 368 lb.
- Raven, Team Yamaha Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)